Friday, October 19, 2012

HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS

HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS, SHELLAC OR GELLISH! I have the kit at home to do my own Gel nails (the uv light and special polish steps), and I have found removing the polish is kind of a pain. The way to do it, the EASIEST way, leaving your nails perfect afterwards, is this below. I do this even for friends who have Salon nails done (why pay salons to remove it, right?) You'll need cotton balls and nail polish remover. Pull off a piece of foil, 7" or so. Then do one strip just for your thumb. It's way easier to do the thumb separate. Doing ONE hand at a time (yes, you can do both) if alone, it's tricky though, so I suggest one hand, wait 10 to 15 minutes, then the other. I go at LEAST ten minutes so it just falls off my nail or needs the slightest nudge with an old spoon, or one of those cuticle pushers, and just lightly scrape it off. Put cotton ball on top of remover and tip once to wet the ball. Lay the cotton ball down,wet side up, 4 on the big piece,and lay your four fingernails on them and fold the foil over your hands. Repeat that with your thumb. WAIT IT OUT. Voila!

No comments: