Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dukan Chocolate Cake from Muffin Mix

So, I found myself in a pickle. My open pouch of Dukan Chocolate Oat Bran Muffin mix, but no muffin tin. Instead I found a recipe on line of double chocolate cake instead…to use the batter for a cake. Make your own from scratch, just like the muffins. I prefer to slightly undercook for more dense texture, as soon as the toothpick barely has anything on it! I took the mix and two eggs, 3/4 cup non fat greek yogurt and fake sweetener (six packets) and tossed in one extra tablespoon of my unsweetened cocoa. (the fake sweetener and extra cocoa totally optional). Mixed it up; baked at 350 for 23 minutes. MOIST, dense, heavy. I took a big piece right out of the hot pan, and placed in a bowl of yogert sprinkled with goji berries. OMG. A treat during my consolidation; but during cruise? Go for it. Just this big of a piece! haha One 12th of my 9″ round is two tablespoons oat bran. I had at least 4 tablespoons in my at least one sixth of the cake. I’m very full…haha Make from SCRATCH easy. See my Muffin recipe at this blog. Adjust egg/yogurt to texture you prefer. No sugar, No fat.

No comments: