Friday, April 3, 2009

Cat Naps


My Friday stress relief blog will cover more then just stress. Catnaps, or Power Naps as you might call them, have numerous well documented benefits. Research has shown taking a catnap is better then trying to catch extra sleep in the morning. It's important you keep this nap 15 to 30 minutes to stay in "light" sleep stages, or you wake feeling groggy. Naps promote physical well-being, improve memory, sharpen the senses, and simply put, rests your brain from the day's stresses. Naps are also meditative and boost performance. For me? I like about 20 minutes...just to close my eyes, clear the brain, and such.  I'm not saying it's easy to find the time or place, but just laying your head back in your chair can do the trick. 
Till later,
ZZZzzzzzzzzzz 


No comments: